Friday, May 22, 2009

Trusting and Waiting!...

I have now been out of the Army for 1 week and have been enjoying it more and more every day. I have enjoyed not shaving or having to get up early; I have really enjoyed my leisurely breakfast and devotions out on the back patio with Ruthe with our kids and Molly playing and running around or jumping on the trampoline; I have really been enjoying the gorgeous weather we have been having and seeing the effect it has had on my roses and the yard. I have enjoyed having lots of time, time to do yard work or detail the car or my motorcycle; or just to go riding; or try to track down my other retired buddies and go to lunch...

Basically I have gotten a taste of what retirement is going to be like and I LOVE it! I know I am not done working and in fact we have a TON of work to do, but it really gives me something to look forward to.

Now we are just trusting God to provide direction. Where to go, where to work, where to live, etc. Almost daily I have a job interview of sorts either in person or on the phone; we are just praying that the right one will open up. Soon.

No comments: